What are the best things to see on the Las Vegas Strip? Take it from me, a local. There’s more than you can do in just one trip!
When you hit up the Las Vegas Strip, you better believe there’s a boatload of epic stuff you absolutely cannot miss. This city never takes a nap, so brace yourself for a magical whirlwind of activities from which you can choose.
But fear not, I’ve got the lowdown on the top must-see gems you gotta check out before they roll out the next big thing, giving you some serious FOMO! (i.e., How long will The Mirage Volcano continue to erupt?) So, let’s dive into what you can’t afford to skip while you’re here!
What can you not miss on the Las Vegas Strip?
Las Vegas is a popular tourist destination for its bright lights, casinos, and entertainment. If you’re visiting the city, here are some things that you should not miss while on the famous Strip.
Strut your stuff down the famous Las Vegas Boulevard, AKA The Strip, and feast your eyes on some of our city’s most legendary hotspots. You’ll be treated to a visual feast of world-class resorts, casinos, and iconic landmarks like the Bellagio, the Venetian, and the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas.
Don’t forget your camera – you’re in for a snapshot extravaganza!
Feeling lucky, friend? Take a spin at one of the countless casinos here in Las Vegas, whether you fancy a dance with the one-armed bandits (slot machines) or want to test your skills at blackjack. It’s all about rollin’ those dice and trying your hand at the gaming action!
Shows and entertainment
Las Vegas has built its reputation on top-notch shows and entertainment, featuring mind-blowing Cirque du Soleil spectacles, mesmerizing magic performances, and electrifying live music shows.
Besides entertainment and luxury, the Las Vegas Strip is famous for its diverse and exciting dining options. It offers an impressive selection of award-winning celebrity chef restaurants and gourmet buffets that cater to every palate.
From Chef Nobu Matsuhisa’s Nobu to Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen. Vanedrpump Cocktail Garden or The Bedford by Martha Stewart. With a wide range of international cuisine, Las Vegas is a haven for food lovers seeking the ultimate dining experience.
Fountains of Bellagio
Experience the awe-inspiring Bellagio Fountain, a water, music, and light extravaganza. This dazzling spectacle unfolds every half hour. Marvel as fountains dance in perfect harmony to the tunes, creating a mesmerizing symphony of water and light that will leave you spellbound.
This iconic attraction is a must-see for anyone strolling along the Las Vegas Strip, providing a captivating break from the city’s non-stop excitement. Don’t miss out on this captivating performance!
The Volcano at Mirage
Don’t miss the chance to witness the infamous Las Vegas Strip volcano at the Mirage before it bids farewell! This volcano sculpture in front of The Mirage puts on a nightly extravaganza, complete with music and fiery eruptions every hour between 8 pm and 11 pm PST. This is a must-see experience that adds a touch of sizzle to your Las Vegas adventure, so make sure to catch it before it’s gone!
The High Roller Observation Wheel
In addition to the breathtaking views, the High Roller also features a variety of memorable experiences, including a Happy Half Hour option with an open bar during your ride and private cabins for special occasions and celebrations.
Take a ride on the world’s tallest observation wheel, the High Roller, for a bird’s eye view of the city.
Luxor Hotel & Casino
The Luxor Resort and Casino is a hallmark of the Las Vegas Strip, with its towering Sphinx statue and a giant light beam shooting out of the top of the pyramid-shaped hotel. The famous light beam is visible from outer space!
In addition to the hotel’s impressive architecture and spacious rooms, the Luxor is also home to many popular shows and entertainment options that visitors shouldn’t miss, including the famous Blue Man Group.
The Venetian Resort Las Vegas
The Venetian is a luxury hotel and casino resort located on the Las Vegas Strip. The hotel is one of the largest in the world and features unique Venetian-inspired architecture, with its iconic canals, gondolas, and replicas of famous Italian landmarks.
The resort offers a wide range of accommodations, including standard rooms, suites, and penthouse suites, with many of them offering views of the city or the resort’s artificial canals.
The Forum Shops at Caesars
Shop this upscale mall located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, and enjoy fabulous stores, restaurants, and bars.
In true Vegas style, The Forum Shops include sky-painted ceilings, a Caesar talking statue show, and a large tropical fish aquarium.
What are the best outdoor activities in Las Vegas?
Outdoor things to do in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is known for its luxury casinos, high-end restaurants, and world-class shows.
Still, the city also offers a variety of outdoor activities for those who want to enjoy the sunshine and natural beauty of the surrounding desert valley.
Here are some of the best outdoor things not to miss, with daily bus tours leaving from the Las Vegas Strip.
Hoover Dam – Take a tour of one of the most iconic engineering marvels in the country.
Red Rock Canyon – Go for a scenic drive, hike, or rock climb in this beautiful desert park.
Lake Mead – Rent a boat or go fishing on this artificial lake just a short drive from the city.
Las Vegas helicopter tours – Take a heli-ride and enjoy the city’s scenic views and the surrounding desert.
Shopping on The Strip
The Forum Shops at Caesars, Fashion Show Mall, and The Shops at Crystals are popular shopping destinations in Las Vegas.
Stores inside these malls are suitable for every budget, from everyday shopping to high-end luxury boutiques.
Shopping malls on the Las Vegas Strip
- The Forum Shops at Caesars
- Le Boulevard at Paris
- Grand Bazaar Shops
- Wynn Plaza
- The Shops at Crystals
- The Atrium at the Palazzo
- The Shoppes At Mandalay Place
- Harmon Retail Corner
- The District at Resorts World
- Wynn Plaza
- The LINQ Promenade
- Fashion Show Mall
- Miracle Mile Shops
- The Grand Canal Shoppes
Family-friendly stores on the Las Vegas Strip
- Target – South Las Vegas Strip
- Burlington – North & South Las Vegas Strip
- Marshall’s – South Las Vegas Strip
- Ross – South Las Vegas Strip
Pool parties on the Vegas Strip
Las Vegas is famous for its pool parties, also known as day clubs that often include an admission or cover fee for entry. There’s even a Vegas pool party event calendar to help you find the best option.
Many of the well-known Strip hotels have pools, which include poolside bars and private poolside cabanas for a day fee.
Las Vegas pool parties on The Strip
- Bare Pool Lounge at The Mirage
- Drai’s Beachclub & Nightclub at The Cromwell Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Tao Beach Day Club at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas
- LIQUID Pool Lounge at Aria Resort & Casino
- Wet Republic Ultra Pool at MGM Grand
- Go Pool DayClub at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Treasure Island – TI Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Daylight Beach Club at Mandalay Bay Hotel
- WET24 Pool at The STRAT Hotel, Casino & Tower
- Wynn/XS Night Swim at Wynn Las Vegas
- EBC at Night at Wynn Las Vegas
- Venus Pool Lounge at Caesars Palace
- AYU Dayclub at Resorts World Las Vegas
- AZILO Las Vegas at SAHARA Las Vegas
Shows and entertainment in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is known for its shows and entertainment, including Grammy award-winning artists in concert, Broadway theatre performances, burlesque shows, strip tease, magic shows, comedy shows, and Cirque du Soleil performances.
Favorite entertainment & shows on the Las Vegas Strip
- America’s Got Talent presents Super Stars Live at Luxor Hotel & Casino
- Blue Men Group at the Luxor Hotel & Casino
- Mystère by Cirque du Soleil at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino
- O by Cirque du Soleil at Bellagio Hotel & Casino
- Mad Apple by Cirque du Soleil at New York New York Hotel & Casino
- David Copperfield at MGM Grand
- Criss Angel MINDFREAK at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino
- V – The Ultimate Variety Show at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino
Just to name a few on The Strip shows.
Conservatories, zoos, and aquariums
The Las Vegas Strip is also home to wildlife conservatories, including unique botanical gardens, zoos, and aquariums nestled right inside the luxurious hotels!
Conservatories, zoos, and aquariums on the Las Vegas Strip
- Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
- Bellagio Conservatory & Botanical Gardens at Bellagio Hotel & Casino
- Flamingo Gardens and Flamingo Wildlife Habitat at Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- Gregory Popovich’s Comedy Pet Theater at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino
What can you not miss on the Las Vegas Strip? FAQs
What are some things to do in Las Vegas that aren’t gambling?
There are many things to do in Las Vegas besides gambling, including:
- Visit the famous Fountains Show at the Bellagio
- Take a ride on the High Roller Observation Wheel
- See the The Volcano Eruption Show at the Mirage (until it’s replaced by The Hard Rock Hotel)
- Visit The Venetian, a replica of the famous Italian city
- The STRAT Hotel & Casino
- Go on the thrill rides at The STRAT Hotel & Casino
- Visit the Adventuredome, an indoor theme park
- Take a Big Bus Tour during the daytime
- Shop and take pictures in The LINQ Promenade
What is the best thing to do in Vegas for couples?
Las Vegas is a popular destination for couples and offers a variety of activities that are perfect for a romantic getaway. Below are a few things to do for couples on the Las Vegas Strip.
Dinner and show packages – Treat yourselves to a fancy dinner and enjoy a show, such as the famous “O” by Cirque du Soleil.
A spa day – Relax and rejuvenate at one of the many world-class spas in Las Vegas to experience one of the most romantic things to do in Las Vegas.
A sunset stroll along The Strip – Having a romantic walk along the famous Las Vegas Boulevard as the sun sets and admiring the stunning lights of the city is one of the best things for couples to do in Las Vegas.
Stroll and see legendary Las Vegas attractions, including:
- Fountains of Bellagio
- Wynn Dancing Fountain
- The Volcano at the Mirage
- Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck at Paris Las Vegas
- Gondola Rides at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas
What is there to do for teenagers in Las Vegas?
Traveling with older kids? Well. There are plenty of things for teenagers to do in Las Vegas, including theme parks and amusement rides that you should not miss. You can also check out our guide for things to do for teenagers on The Strip.
Theme parks & amusement rides
Circus Circus Hotel’s Adventuredome is an indoor theme park offering rides and attractions that might interest you if you visit Las Vegas with teenagers.
Hotel New York New York has the world’s first roller coaster to feature a 180-degree “heartline” twist and dive maneuver high above the Las Vegas Strip.
The STRAT Hotel & Casino features rides on the very top, terrifyingly towering over 1,000 feet high for true thrill seekers!
During the spring and summer months, Circus Circus also opens the doors to their family water park experience, Splash Zone & Pool. It’s an acre-large water playground with waterslides, a water tower, splash pads, waterfalls, splash buckets, cabanas for rent, and a food and snack truck.
Theme parks & amusement rides on the Las Vegas Strip
- The Adventuredome at Circus Circus
- Splash Zone & Pool at Circus Circus
- The Big Apple Coaster (AKA The Chocolate Bar) at New York New York Hotel & Casino
- X Scream at The STRAT Hotel, Casino, & Tower
- Big Shot at The STRAT Hotel, Casino, & Tower
- The Tower & Observation Deck at The STRAT Hotel, Casino, & Tower
- Top Golf at MGM Grand
- Area 15 (*off The Strip)
- Meow Wolf (*off The Strip)
Virtual reality experiences
Several virtual reality experiences can be fun for adults and teens in Las Vegas, including VR amusement centers like Fly Over Las Vegas next to the Hard Rock Cafe on Las Vegas Boulevard.
Virtual reality experience on The Strip
- SANDBOX Las Vegas at the Miracle Mile Shops on Las Vegas Boulevard
- Zero Latency inside MGM Grand
- X World 360 at the Grand Bazaar Shops and Excalibur Hotel & Casino
Did you enjoy this list of what you can not miss on the Las Vegas Strip?
You may also enjoy my curated list of 15 top things to do in Las Vegas!
Have you been?
Ready to go?
Comment below and let me know.
- Print, save, or screenshot this list.
- Printer, computer, or smartphone
Print, save, or screenshot this list of what you can not miss on the Las Vegas Strip.
What can you not miss on the Las Vegas Strip?
- The Strip
- Shows and entertainment
- Fine dining
- Fountains of Bellagio
- The Volcano at Mirage
- The High Roller Observation Wheel
- Luxor Hotel & Casino
- The Venetian Resort Las Vegas
- The Forum Shops at Caesars
- Pool parties on the Vegas Strip
- Conservatories, zoos, and aquariums
- Shopping on The Strip (malls, family-friendly stores)
- Outdoor activities on The Strip - What are the best?
1. Hoover Dam
2. Red Rock Canyon
3. Valley of Fire State Park
4. Lake Mead
5. Las Vegas helicopter tours
Shows and entertainment in Las Vegas - What are some favorite entertainment & shows on the Las Vegas Strip?
1. America's Got Talent presents Super Stars Live at Luxor Hotel & Casino
2. Blue Men Group at the Luxor Hotel & Casino
3. Mystère by Cirque du Soleil at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino
4. O by Cirque du Soleil at Bellagio Hotel & Casino
5. Mad Apple at New York New York Hotel & Casino
6. David Copperfield at MGM Grand
7. Criss Angel MINDFREAK at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino
8. V – The Ultimate Variety Show at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino
Theme parks & amusement rides on The Las Vegas Strip - What are the best theme parks and amusement rides on The Strip?
1. The Adventuredome at Circus Circus
2. Splash Zone & Pool at Circus Circus
3. The Big Apple Coaster (AKA The Chocolate Bar) at New York New York Hotel & Casino
4. X Scream at The STRAT Hotel, Casino, & Tower
5. Big Shot at The STRAT Hotel, Casino, & Tower
6. The Tower & Observation Deck at The STRAT Hotel, Casino, & Tower
7. Top Golf at MGM Grand
8. Area 15 (*off The Strip)
9. Meow Wolf (*off The Strip)
Did you enjoy this roundup of things to do in Las Vegas today?