Local news from a Las Vegas local: Get the scoop on the best things to do in Las Vegas today from none other than a Las Vegas local!
Hey there, fellow autumn and fall festival lovers! Planning a Vegas escapade in October? Then, get ready for a whirlwind of neon-lit excitement right on the iconic Las Vegas Strip!
Happy birthday Nevada!
Cheers to the state of Nevada! 159 years never looked so good.
October 28th is Nevada Day, the largest celebration of statehood in the nation. Nevada Day is a declared holiday in the state of Nevada. It commemorates the state’s October 31, 1864, birthday and admission to the Union.
So you may see more locals out and about enjoying The Strip on this state holiday. If you’re in town, raise a glass to my hometown and the home of Fabulous Las Vegas!
Where can you find the best buffets in Las Vegas?
Nevada’s always been synonymous with endless plates thanks to our hundreds of casino buffets found in almost every town with a casino. From North to South in the state, Reno to Las Vegas, and everywhere in between! Why not celebrate the state’s b-day and indulge in one of Vegas’ world-famous buffets?
The Buffet at Wynn – The Buffet at Wynn Las Vegas redefines the brunch and dinner experience with more than 90 delicious dishes, including a wide range of made-to-order choices, all served in a bright and airy environment. – Inside of Wynn Las Vegas.
The Buffet at Bellagio – Get ready for a world of discovery and leave your misconceptions of buffet dining at the door! Bellagio chefs bring the best dishes from around the world, including Italian, Japanese, Chinese, and American cuisines. Be wowed by the talent on display at the live-action cooking stations! – Inside Bellagio Hotel & Casino.
Wicked Spoon – A wicked twist on the traditional buffet with its mix of top quality, familiar staples and imaginative seasonal dishes. – Inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Texas De Brazil Las Vegas – An upscale Brazilian-style restaurant and buffet featuring all-you-can-eat table-side carved meats and an extraordinary salad bar. – Town Square Las Vegas (off The Strip)
Las Vegas welcomes wonderful weather in time for Halloween!
From epic sports championship showdowns to mind-bending shows with a 16K resolution wraparound LED screen that’ll leave everyone speechless. Vegas has all the autumn thrills you need! So, let’s dive into unforgettable memories, laughs, and pure entertainment served in Vegas style.
Let the adventures begin!
Is October a good time for Vegas?
October weather is phenomenal here in Las Vegas! You’ll want to copy, paste, and take it home with you!
For those who want to avoid Vegas summer’s triple digits, October starts the season (late October), where cooler fall temperatures are ushered in. US Today suggests the best time to visit Las Vegas is from March to May and September to November because of the moderate temps.
Why is October so expensive in Vegas?
October is very popular for Las Vegas entertainment and things to do. There’s perfect weather, NFL games, NHL season, WNBA championships, lots of concerts, and superstar residencies in the world’s one-of-a-kind entertainment venue – Sphere!
And with the Sphere’s over 1 million LED lights displaying an astounding range of over 250 million colors, the future is even brighter for Las Vegas!
Even with so many things to do in Las Vegas in the fall, airlines tend to offer discounted flight specials pre-holiday season.
Does Vegas have pool parties in October?
Lucky for you, Vegas pool parties begin in March and run through the end of October. So October is a fantastic time to visit, enjoy a day club, and still swim!
Entertainment news in Las Vegas: What’s new?
What is happening in Vegas Oct 6?
October 4th and 5th are the 10-year anniversary of Rise Festival in the Mojave Desert, 25 miles south of Las Vegas.
What stars are playing in Las Vegas in October?
You don’t wanna miss Katy Perry’s whimsical residency, Play before her Resorts World residency comes to a close on November 4th. Get tickets for Play HERE!
From epic concerts at Allegiant Stadium to residencies on the Las Vegas Strip, here are October’s star-studded shows:
Las Vegas shows in October
- Katy Perry – Resorts world – Vegas residency
- U2 – Sphere – Vegas residency
- Adele – Caesars Palace – Vegas residency
- Usher – Park MGM – Vegas residency
- Barry Manilow – Westgate. Vegas residency
- Donny Osmond – Harrah’s – Vegas residency
- The Postal Service and Death Cab – Virgin Hotels Las Vegas – Oct. 3rd
- The Shaquille O’Neal Foundation – MGM Grand Garden Arena – Oct. 3rd
- Imagine Dragons and TRF Rise Up Gala – Resorts World – Oct. 6th
- P!nk – Allegiant Stadium – Oct. 7th
- Madonna – T-Mobile Arena – Oct. 7th and 8th
- Lionel Richie – Wynn – Oct. 9th, 11th, and 12th
- Wu-Tang Clan & Nas – MGM Grand Garden Arena – Oct. 21st
- Green Day and Blink-182 headline When We Were Young Festival – Oct. 21st and 22nd – House of Blues (inside Mandalay Bay), Brooklyn Bowl (at LINQ Promenade), and Pearl Concert Theater (Palms Casino & Resort)
- Billy Idol – The Cosmopolitan – 20th, 21st, 25th, 27th, and 28th
- Ed Sheeran – Allegiant Stadium – Oct. 28th
Whether it’s WNBA Aces competing for a World Championship repeat, Formula 1 preparing to take over and race down the Las Vegas Strip, the Las Vegas Grand Prix, attending the largest parade in the state – Las Vegas Pride, or being mesmerized by U2’s out-of-this-world concert residency inside Sphere, Las Vegas offers a world of excitement and adventure transitioning from summer to fall in October.
Las Vegas Halloween events 2023
Here’s a quick list of where you can celebrate Halloween in Las Vegas.
- The Magician’s Study Halloween Soiree at Resorts World
- Halloween Hootenanny with Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper
- The Beverly Theater presents The Wake
- The Haunted Tavern’s dark pop-up cocktail experience
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show Halloween Hijinks 2023
- S.A.F.E. house spooktacular celebration
- Downtown Container Park Frights On The Lawn
- Zak Bagan’s Haunted Museum
- Hallow-reef at Shark Reef Aquarium Mandalay Bay
- Museum of Illusions
- Atomic Museum Halloween Spooktacular
- Hellkats hotrod trunk or treat
- Scarea15 Halloween weekend at AREA15
- Halloween at The Magical Forest
- Parade Of Mischief in Downtown Summerlin
- Summerlin’s Halloween Town
- Gilcrease Orchard Fall Harvest
- Springs Preserve Haunted Harvest
- Asylum and Hotel Fear at Meadow’s Mall
- The Nightmare Cafe – offering wedding packages for Halloween!
- Watch the many Halloween on the exterior of Sphere Las Vegas
- Sistahs! – The Hocus Pocus Parody show
Have the Las Vegas Aces been to the finals?
The Las Vegas Aces become the first back-to-back WNBA champs in 21 years! And their 2023 Finals winning game was the WNBA’s most-watched game four!
Las Vegas welcomes everyone, locals and tourists alike, to celebrate at the Aces’ winning parade. It’s easy to get to with the parade route starting near the Tropicana Hotel right on the Las Vegas Strip!
Las Vegas Aces’ World Championship parade
- October 23rd, 5-7 pm. The route will begin at the intersection of Tropicana and Las Vegas Boulevard.
Recommended October Attractions
Las Vegas restaurant recommendations – October 2023
Las Vegas is home to some of the world’s most ethnically diverse food and restaurants! National Hispanic Heritage Month runs through October 15th. And while it’s always a great time to enjoy some of the city’s fantastic heritage cuisine, consider also paying homage during this time with a visit to a Latin American restaurant during your Vegas visit.
Here’s my quick list of easy to get to Hispanic restaurant favorites on and near The Strip :
- ¡VIVA! – inside Resorts World Las Vegas
- Casa Calavera – inside Virgin Hotels Las Vegas
- Diablo’s Cantina – inside Luxor Hotel & Casino
- Julian Serrano Tapas – inside Aria Hotel & Casino
- Chayo Mexican Restaurant & Tequila Bar – at LINQ Promenade
- Javier’s – inside Aria Hotel & Casino
Las Vegas speakeasy recommendations – October 2023
Hidden in plain sight right on the Vegas Strip with clandestine entrances, antechamber passages, and codes to crack to get a secret password to enter. This isn’t a haunted house. Rather, it’s a Las Vegas speakeasy experience! Your Vegas Halloween experience wouldn’t be complete without checking out one or a few of these mysterious cocktail lounges.
Here Kitty Kitty Vice Den – Experience an elegantly grunge speakeasy discretely tucked away in Famous Foods at Resorts World, offering guests a laidback hangout and an expertly crafted mixology program inspired by the Prohibition Era with a Singaporean twist. – Inside Resorts World Las Vegas.
Allē Lounge on 66 – I bet many people living in Las Vegas or visiting don’t know that at the top of one of the Resorts World’s hotel towers is a beautiful secret cocktail spot. In other words, a speakeasy. The city views through the floor-to-ceiling windows are phenomena and the interior design is sexy, upscale, and sleek. – Inside Resorts World Las Vegas. – *Proper attire is required.
The Barbershop Cuts & Cocktails – where cuts and cocktails come together. The Barbershop basks the feel of your grandfather’s honing company but with a dodgy twist – a prohibition-style parlor with a nod to the great whiskey bars of the world.- Inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Ghost Donkey Bar – A true fiesta-like experience via a speakeasy tequila and mezcal lounge. – Inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
The Lock – Hidden within a curious bar, the key to this mysterious speakeasy is found only after discovering its clandestine entrance, where a Locksmith will assist you in cracking the codes for admission. A voice on the telephone outside the door will reveal your unique password before entering. Once you’ve delivered the password at the door, get ready to be ushered into an antechamber of two different passages! – Inside Horseshoe Hotel & Casino. *The Locke has a 2-drink minimum per guest.
Las Vegas hotel news – October 2023
Preparing for its grand opening in November, Las Vegas’s newest suburban Station brand resort and casino, Durango Casino & Resort, is taking pre-reservations for their expected sell-out opening! Be the first to experience Durango’s luxury rooms and suites!
Location: 15-20 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip – 6915 S Durango Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89148
What tours to take from Vegas in October?
With phenomenal weather and some of the country’s most stunning landscapes, it’s an excellent idea to explore some of Vegas’ best outdoor activities!
October provides fantastic weather in Las Vegas. You can enjoy the adrenaline rush of the many feature attractions on The Strip and close outdoor activities without the overbearing heat.
Stay tuned for November 2023, when, after 4 decades, the Las Vegas Grand Prix Formula 1 races into the city and down the fabulous Las Vegas Strip!
Las Vegas trending travel tours in October 2023:
- Grand Canyon tours
- Hoover Dam tours
- Antelope Canyon tours
- Downtown Las Vegas walking tours
- Valley of Fire tours
- Zion & Bryce Canyon tour
- Death Valley tours
- Red Rock Canyon tours
- Seven Magic Mountains
Did you enjoy this roundup of things to do in Las Vegas in October 2023?
Ready to go?
Comment below and let me know.
You can also check out my post on what you can not miss on the Las Vegas Strip.